- "Your rendering of my concerto far surpasses anything a composer might hope for. Congratulations on your very great work." John Williams, composer Learn More$23.00
- "He is excellent to such an extent that his achievements on this CD alone should be enough to bring him international engagements for years." Rasmus van Rijn - Classic Today, Germany Learn More$23.00
- Øystein's solo CD nr 10. On of the worlds first tuba solo recording in SACD. Learn More$23.00
One of Baadsvik's most loved albums.Learn More
"The music has warmth and depth, and is presented with love."
Oleg Ledeniov, MusicWeb$23.00
I first performed with L. Subramaniam at his Lakshminarayana Global Music Festival in 2014. During this tour across India I had the great honour and pleasure to work with some of the best musicians in the country. The biggest eye-opener though, was Subramaniam’s violin playing. During my thirty years as a professional musician I have never encountered a musician with such an intense presence while playing. This, combined with his mind-blowing technique and pure playfulness, made each concert a revelation.
The biggest driving force during my career has always been the joy of musical exploration, so during a day off on the tour, aboard a boat on the beautiful Kerala Backwaters, it struck me that this simply had to be explored further. I asked Subramaniam to write us a double concerto for Indian violin, tuba and orchestra. Simultaneously, the idea of a complete disc was born.
The funny thing about small ideas is that they have a tendency to grow. All of a sudden the project included the Trondheim Symphony Orchestra, conductor Jaakko Kuusisto, Ambi Subramaniam on violin, singer Kavita Krishnamurti, D S R Murthy on mridangam and Toms Mikāls on keyboard. A few years, concerts and recording sessions later, you are holding the result in your hand. A unique musical journey through classical Indian ragas, epic orchestral landscapes and breath-taking virtuosity.
Øystein BaadsvikLearn More$23.00
- "borders are redefined. Five out of five stars for interpretation and sound quality." Klassik.com - Germany Learn More$23.00
- BIS-CD-1625 | EAN 7318590016251 | TT: 57'33 Learn More$23.00
A collection of the best classical Christmas songs. Øystein Baadsvik with Trondheim Symphony Orchestra and the female Choir Cantus. "Traditional yet surprising,"Snowflakes: A Classical Christmas" combines the lush, warm sound of the Trondheim Symphony Orchestra with a women's choir and talented tuba player Øystein Baadsvik. The ever-versatile Baadsvik takes on several roles in this recording: often, his tuba's singing the melody, but he also backs up the choir with swirling countermelody in "God Rest You Merry, Gentlemen" and "O Come All Ye Faithful".Learn More$23.00
- Recommended by ClassicToday.com as one of the six best CD's in the world for solo instrument and orchestra released late 2003. Independent of instrument. Learn More$23.00
"His secure, nicely nuanced tone us nothing short of remarkable; the essentially songful central movement and its quiet, sustained close are simply gorgeous."Learn More
Review in MusicWeb International$23.00